Shipbourne Primary School believes that online safety is an essential part of safeguarding and acknowledges its duty to ensure that all pupils and staff are protected from potential harm online.
All staff at Shipbourne Primary school are committed to:
- Safeguarding and protecting all members of the Shipbourne Primary community online.
- Identifying approaches to educate and raise awareness of online safety throughout the community.
- Enabling all staff to work safely and responsibly, to role model positive behaviour online and to manage professional standards and practice when using technology.
- Identifying clear procedures to use when responding to online safety concerns.
- Empowering pupils to build resilience and to develop strategies to manage and respond to risk online.
CEOP (The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) delivers a multi-agency service dedicated to tackling the abuse and exploitation of children in the real and ‘e’ world. Often it is referred to as an online 999. By clicking on the button, young people and parents can get advice on a range of issues such as viruses, hacking and dealing with bullying online.
School policies, useful documents and websites
- Mobile and Social Media Policy
- Camera and Image Policy
- Acceptable Use Policies – Learner and Parent
- Visitor and Volunteer
- Child protection Policy
- Internet Matters
- Parent Info.
- UK Safer Internet Centre